How to look after your cow and goat hide?
Take dust off regularly with a vacuum cleaner following the direction of the fur.
In case of stains, clean with some Marseille soap on a flannel:
- rub the stain whilst turning the hide,
- leave to dry naturally.
Cleaning after several years use:
- wash in a bath with flakes of Marseille soap,
- use water at 30°C maximum,
- rinse, ideally rinse with a hose outside on a patio area or lawn,
- leave to dry flat away from direct sunlight.
How long will a decorative hide last?
15 to 20 years.
How to look after your sheepskin?
Take dust off regularly by shaking or vacuuming.
Every three or four years, wash in the machine:
- use the wool setting on the machine (without spinning),
- 30°C maximum,
- use washing powder or liquid for wool,
- dry flat away from direct sunlight.
Finish by brushing with a teasel brush (for example, an animal teasel grooming brush).